I baked this tea cake recently which I had saved the recipe from a baking forum. At times I randomly save the inviting recipes and then get hesitated to give it a try in case it doesn’t work for me. But this recipe worked perfect. Everyone at my place liked it. I had shared the recipe with my friend Sandhya Kamath too. She too successfully baked and her family members also liked it. Do give it a try dear readers and please share me the pictures. I would be glad to hear your feedback.
Recipe adapted from : Bong taste
All purpose flour/ Maida – 1.5 cups
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Milk – 3/4 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup / 55 g approx
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c for 10 minutes.
- Grease a loaf tin or any round tin and keep it ready.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together.
- See that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Take a sauce pan , mix milk and butter together.
- Heat it until the butter melts keeping on low flame, do not take a boil.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it.
- Transfer it in a mixing bowl.
- Take another bowl and beat eggs and sugar together.
- Beat it until creamy.
- Add in the milk mixture and beat it .
- Fold in the sieved dry ingredients in 2 batches and mix it lightly with a spatula.
- Bake it for 40 minutes or until it is perfectly baked.
- Insert a bamboo skewer at the centre of the cake to check if it is baked.
- If the stick comes out clean the cake is baked perfect.
- Or else bake it further .
- Cool the cake completely and slice it .
My notes :
- The recipe also gave the option for eggless baking .
- Use 1/3 cup curds instead of 2 eggs and beat it.
- I have not tried it .