As promised I’m sharing my first baked recipe for this Christmas . I have prepared this bread which tastes like a cake several times. Yes, you heard it right. This tastes more like a cake to me than a bread. This is one of the easiest bake and can be served with the breakfast too. Whenever there is surplus over ripe bananas this recipe can be prepared. This recipe is Vegan too.
Recipe adapted from : veg recipes of india
Over ripe bananas – 5 -6 (300g)
Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups (180 g)
Vegetable oil/ coconut oil /any – 1/2 cup ( 125 ml)
Brown sugar or normal granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract – 1tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/8 tsp
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Pinch of salt
Nuts / tutti fruity – 1-2 tbsp any (optional)
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 d.c .
- Puree banana and sugar together in a blender.
- Transfer it in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil , cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder, oil and essence in the banana mixture.
- Fold in the sieved wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix it with a spatula.
- Add in the nuts.
- Grease a loaf tin or square tin.
- Add the batter.
- Bake it for 30 – 35 minutes or until done.