Colocasia leaves -25 approx(I have used both Chitte paan and normal arbi leaves)
Oil – as much needed to roast pathrade
Sambhar powder -2 tbsp
Hing – a generous pinch
To be ground:
Rice – 1 cup
Grated coconut -1 cup
Jaggery – 2 marble sized
Byadgi chillies -6 (roasted)
Salt – to taste
- Soak rice for 2 hours,wash it well and grind it with grated coconut,tomato,chillies,jaggery and salt to a fine and thick masala.
- Don’t add much water.
- Add sambhar powder,hing and mix it well.
- Smear the masala behind the colocasia leaves and roll it.
- Steam it in the steamer for 25 minutes.
- Once done cool it,slice it into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a tawa,add oil and roast it on both the sides.
- Serve it hot.