Dosa rice – 1 cup
Green gram – 1 tbsp
Bengal gram -1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – few
Ingredients to be ground
Coriander seeds -2 tbsp
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Grated coconut -1/2 cup
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Tamarind – lemon sized
Jaggery -1 tbsp
Byadgi chillies -10
Salt – to taste
Ridge gourd -3,medium sized
Oil – as much needed to smear the dosa
- Soak dosa rice,green gram,methi and bengal gram dal together for 2 hours.
- Grind it with all the ingredients mentioned above except oil and ridge gourd.
- Wash and peel the ridge gourd partially.
- Slice it into thin slices.
- Heat a tawa,grease it with oil.
- Dip one slice of ridge gourd at a time in the batter and start arranging it in the tawa.
- Place it very close to each other without leaving any space in any manner as you want.
- Smear it with oil,close with a lid and cook it in slow flame for a minute.
- Once cooked,open the lid and flip it to the opposite side.
- Cook it again for a minute by closing the lid.
- Once done,open the lid,higher the flame and roast it.
- Serve it hot with the main course or as a snack.