There are days when I absolutely go blank on what to cook for the day’s menu.Especially when there are minimum vegetables in the fridge or if it is overloaded also.Does it happen with you’ll?So few days back on one such day I prepared Palak dal where I just went on preparing and the outcome was good.This not only makes a comfort food but is also good for health.This dal goes well with rice and chapathi.And very easy to prepare too.I prepared this with tur dal but you may also prepare it with moong dal or chana dal or even mixed dal with a combination of 1/4 ratio.
Recipe :Own and commonly prepared by many
Tur dal – 1 1/2 cup
Palak – 1 bunch
Green chilly -2,slit
Salt – 2 tsp approx
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Hing – 2 pinches
Ghee -1 tsp
Red chillies(byadgi) -2,broken
- Wash the palak well and chop it roughly.
- I have added few stalks also.
- Wash the dal well.
- Cook both palak and dal together adding 2 cups of water approx for 2 whistles.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked open the lid carefully,add salt to taste.
- Add green chillies,water and adjust the consistency.
- Take a boil.
- Heat ghee in a seasoning pan.
- Add cumin seeds,red chillies and hing.
- Season it to the dal and close the lid immediately to retain the aroma.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.