I first tasted Andhra chilly chicken in a popular Andhra restaurant named ‘Nandini’ in Bangalore many years back . Ever since that I’m in love with this dish . Though I eat only the gravy it is one of my favourite dish . My husband makes it a point to get Andhra chilly chicken and Andhra chicken Biryani whenever he visits Bangalore. The taste is totally different. Initially I could not make the taste but as we relish the dish we get to know the punch . This recipe came out somewhat similar but I had reduced the quantity of chillies and made medium spicy but next time I would want to make it spicy just the way as restaurant style . It is that super spicy . This recipe was suggested by my friend Lakshmi which is supposed to be her relative Saritha Bhat’s recipe . I love dishes with simple recipes . It saves a lot of time. Many a times the simpler the dish the more tastier it is .
Recipe adapted from : Saritha Bhat
Chicken – 1 kg
Green chilly – 20 +20 ( I used as per our taste )
Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 4 – 5 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp approx
Lime -1 , juice (optional )
- Make a coarse paste of 20 green chillies.
- Slit the remaining chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai , add both the chillies .
- Add turmeric powder and soya sauce .
- Saute for a minute .
- Add chicken ,salt to taste and vinegar .
- Add diluted cornflour and little water .
- Take a boil , check salt ,close the lid and keep it on simmer .
- Cook it until done .
- Lastly you may add juice of 1 lime .
- Serve it hot .