Happy Navaratri dear readers ! Today I’m going to share an interesting recipe of chakli . There are so many varieties of chakli’s I come across often in the food groups and other sources , the list is just endless. Everyday is a learning process and learning is never ending . I love to prepare chakli’s and my family members love home made chakli’s anytime. This time I found the recipe in a food group and it looked easy and interesting. Secondly I was inspired to prepare it when Santoshi was making it . It tasted so good that I prepared it the same day. Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Recipe credit : Anita Tallur / Champa Tallur
Moong dal – 1 cup
Water -2 cups
Maida – 3 cups
Seesame seeds – 2 tbsp approx
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut oil – 2cups approx or any oil
- Take a clean kitchen towel or muslin cloth and add maida in it.
- Tie it tightly and steam it in a cooker without whistle for 20 minutes.
- Once done , cool it and roll it with a rolling pin .
- Sieve it to avoid lumps while making the dough.
- Pressure cook 1 cup moong dal with 2 cups of water .
- Cool it and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste .
- Mix the dal paste with maida , seesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Make a soft dough.
- I added little water and made a soft dough.
- Add water only if required.
- Make balls and put it in the chakli press.
- Make chaklis.
- Heat coconut oil and deep fry until you get golden brown colour and chaklis turns crisp .