This is an Italian snack with Indian twist , Indian Quesadilla to be precise. Whenever there are leftover chapathi’s we can make this snack. I tasted this at Amma’s place when Santoshi had made for evening snack. It tasted so good even I tried it at home. This is again a long due post .. I have many pictures in the folders and I want to share the recipe’s as much as I can in the space. For this recipe you may make filling of your choice.
Recipe courtesy: Santoshi Nayak
Ingredients for the pesto sauce:
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Soaked almonds – 7- 8
Garlic – 3 cloves
Onion – 1 small
Green chilly -1
Capsicum – 1/4
Processed cheese cubes – 2
salt – to taste
Ingredients for the filling:
Corn – 1/2 cup
Blanched mushroom slices – 200g
Blanched babycorn slices – 200g
Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup
Coloured bell peppers – 1 cup, chopped
Onion – 2 ,sliced
Salt – to taste
Herbs – of your choice
Other ingredients :
Chapathi – as much as you want
Olive oil – to roast
- Make a fine paste of the ingredients mentioned under the pesto sauce.
- Make a filling with the ingredients mentioned.
- Keep all the things ready.
- Take one chapathi at a time and apply pesto sauce.
- Spread the filling and fold it.
- Heat a tawa, add olive oil and roast it well.
- Serve it hot with sauce.