Udid/Urad maida polo is a staple breakfast of the G.S.B’s. I started liking this dosa recently. Tastes excellent with chutney. This is a very soft dosa . As kid, memory of this dosa was mixing of the maida in the water overnight which was my favourite part and a real fun then. There are so many varieties of dosa’s and each day I encounter with new recipe’s . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!!
Recipe courtesy : Amma
Urad dal – 1 cup
Maida – 3 cups
Salt- to taste
- Wash and soak urad dal for 3 hours.
- Grind it to a fine batter.
- Keep it separately to ferment.
- Add maida in a broad vessel and fill the water until 3/4th.
- Use hands and mix it smooth removing knots.
- Close it with a lid and keep it out overnight.
- Next morning maida will settle to the bottom and water on the top.
- Discard the water carefully .
- Add the maida batter to urad batter.
- Add salt to taste and beat the batter well.
- Make thin dosa’s by roasting both the sides.
- Serve it hot with chutney.