Hello dear readers! This is the first post of year #2018 . Mos of them start the year with a sweet note but this year I thought of sharing crab curry. This is an traditional g.s.b style crab curry called “kurle alle piyava randayi” . The curry is flavoured with ginger and onion. Same curry may be prepared with Mackerels, Pomfret, Seer fish, Silver fish, Lady fish etc. Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!!
Crab – 1 kg, cleaned and cut
Salt – to taste
Water – as much as needed
Ginger – 3 tbsp, chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Ingredients for the masala :
Coconut – 1 full coconut, grated
Roasted short chillies – 6
Roasted long chillies/byadgi – 6
Tamarind- marble sized
- Cook the crab in water until 3/4 cooked . *
- Grind the masala ingredients to a fine paste.
- Add the masala to the crab along with chopped ginger, onion and salt.
- Add water and adjust the consistency.
- Cook it until done.
- Add oil and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with rice.
- You may cook the crab with the ground masala directly.
- You may also season the curry with chopped onions.
- Adjust the chilly according to your taste.