Hello dear readers! Today I will share an easy peasy recipe of cabbage ambado. I found this picture today in one of my folders. Ambado means fritters.This goes well with the main course or can be had as a starter too. Back then Amma and Aayi used it prepare this often for lunch. This is an instant method. You may also prepare these fritters without onions to make it satwik and add hing to substitute. We also make traditional ground method too which I will share the recipe in the coming days. Until then stay tuned for interesting recipes and keep trying recipes from geethsdawath.com !!
Cabbage- 2 cup, shredded
Onion -2 , chopped
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Besan – 2 tbsp approx
Rice flour – 3 tbsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil- as much needed to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients together except oil.
- Squeeze out water completely from shredded cabbage before mixing.
- Use your hands to bind the mixture.
- Once the mixture comes together, make round balls and slightly flatten it.
- Heat oil and deep fry until crisp.
- Serve it hot.