Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share a healthy recipe called “thalipeeth” prepared with Jowar flour. This was prepared for Saturday dinner by Santoshi Nayak. It came out super duper tasty. She adapted the recipe from a food group and tweaked it as per our taste. Thank you Santoshi for passing the recipe and for the yummy thalipeeth and green chutney that was fingerlicking good.
Recipe credit : Seema Davale and Santoshi Nayak
Jowar flour/ Sorghum flour – 2 cups
Onion – 2 chopped
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Cumin seeds – 2 -3 tsp(crushed)
Chilly powder – 2- 3 tsp or to taste
Chana dal – 3 tsp
Urad dal – 2 tsp
Til/Sesame seeds – 2 tsp
Groundnuts – handful, roasted
Spring onion – 1 cup,chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Roast urad dal and chana dal and powder it.
- Roast til separately.
- Coarsely crush roasted groundnuts.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Add water little by little and make a thick dough .
- Take a butter paper, place handful of the dough in the centre, dampen your fingers and flatten to a round shape.
- Make an indent in the centre of roti.
- Heat a tawa , transfer the roti along with the butter paper over the tawa.
- After few seconds remove the butterpaper carefully.
- Drizzle oil and cook it on slow flame.
- Flip it over and roast it on the opposite side.
- Keep adjusting the flame.
- Relish the hot thalipeet with green chutney.
You may add greens of your choice like dill leaves and methi leaves.
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – handful
Mint leaves – few
Ginger – small piece
Green chilly – 2
Huri kadle/Fried gram – 2 tbsp
Tamarind – a pinch
Salt – to taste
- Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste adding little water.