This is my first post in the space.I’m really out of words on how to start the post .But I have full faith in the almighty and you dear readers . I promise to give my best . All my recipes are tested and successful . Coming back to this recipe I partially adapted the recipe from a facebook food group member Vandana Pai Badal and then followed joy of baking recipe. The cupcakes came out awesome but I could not attain the colour red which was really a sad part . I will edit the post as and when I get the desired colour . Red velvet cupcakes are nothing but fancy cupcakes with dashing red colour ..All it needs is some trial and error to get the perfect result ..I have edited this post and will be posting my latest pictures …(nailed it in the year 2014 )
Recipe adapted from : Joy of baking
Maida – 1 ¼ cup ( 125 g )
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
Unsalted butter-1/2 cup (room temperature) ( 57 g )
Sugar – 3/4 cup (150 g )
Egg – 1 large
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Red food colour – 1 added 2 tbsp to get that colour ( original calls for 1 tbsp )
White vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 175 d .c / 350 f .
- Arrange the cupcake liners in the cupcake tray and keep it ready .
- Sift together maida , baking powder , salt and cocoa powder .
- Beat butter until creamy .
- Add sugar and egg and beat it further .
- Add vanilla essence and beat it until combined .
- Mix the food colour in the buttermilk .
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture alternately and start beating it ending with flour.
- In a small cup combine baking soda and vinegar .
- Allow it to fizz and add it to the batter and fold it well .
- Working quickly scoop the batter in the cupcake liners .
- Bake it in the oven for 18 to 30 minutes .
- Cool the cupcakes completely and frost it .
Cream cheese Frost:
Cream cheese – 227 g
Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
Whipping cream – 160 ml / 2/3 cup
- Whisk cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth .
- Add vanilla essence and icing sugar .
- Add whipping cream and beat until smooth .
- It should be thick enough to pipe .
- You may also whip the whipping cream separately and then mix it in the cream cheese mixture .