Hello dear readers! This is my first post in the space. I’m really out of words on how to start the post . But I have full faith in the almighty and you dear readers . I promise to give my best . All my recipes are tested and successful . Coming back to this recipe I partially adapted the recipe from a facebook food group member Vandana Pai Badal and then followed joy of baking recipe. The cupcakes came out awesome but I could not attain the RED colour which was really a sad part . I will edit the post as and when I get the desired colour . Red velvet cupcakes are nothing but fancy cupcakes with dashing red colour ..All it needs is some trial and error to get the perfect result .. I have edited this post and will be posting my latest pictures …(nailed it in the year 2014 )
Recipe adapted from : Joy of baking
Maida – 1 ¼ cup ( 125 g )
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
Unsalted butter-1/2 cup (room temperature) ( 57 g )
Sugar – 3/4 cup (150 g )
Egg – 1 large
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Red food colour – 1 added 2 tbsp to get that colour ( original calls for 1 tbsp )
White vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 175 d .c / 350 f .
- Arrange the cupcake liners in the cupcake tray and keep it ready .
- Sift together maida , baking powder , salt and cocoa powder .
- Beat butter until creamy .
- Add sugar and egg and beat it further .
- Add vanilla essence and beat it until combined .
- Mix the food colour in the buttermilk .
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture alternately and start beating it ending with flour.
- In a small cup combine baking soda and vinegar .
- Allow it to fizz and add it to the batter and fold it well .
- Working quickly scoop the batter in the cupcake liners .
- Bake it in the oven for 18 to 30 minutes .
- Cool the cupcakes completely and frost it .
Cream cheese Frost:
Cream cheese – 227 g
Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
Whipping cream – 160 ml / 2/3 cup
- Whisk cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth .
- Add vanilla essence and icing sugar .
- Add whipping cream and beat until smooth .
- It should be thick enough to pipe .
- You may also whip the whipping cream separately and then mix it in the cream cheese mixture .