Almost all the Indian festivals are done and it is time for Christmas . It is one of our favourite festival. It brings joy to everyone. And Christmas means bake time. Though there is a long time ahead the thought itself gives you a festive feeling. My daughter warned me it is high time I stop making Indian sweets and start baking . Honestly even I missed baking. So I started with this Dates and toffee pudding/ cake which I came across in Chef Kirti Bhoutika’s page. The recipe looked simple, was eggless and looked very pleasing. Adding toffee sauce over the cake is optional. It tastes good on its own too. The cake turned super soft and moist. We all loved it.
Dates – 100 g, deseeded
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Condensed milk -100 g
Butter – 25 g, room temperature
Maida – 90 g
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 d.c .
- Soak deseeded dates in hot water for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add baking soda and make a smooth puree.
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter, condensed milk and dates puree.
- Add sieved flour and baking powder.
- Mix it with a spatula.
- Take mini bundt pan or take a cup cake tin and place the liners.
- Transfer the batter in a icing bag and fill the pan.
- You may use a spoon too.
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 180.d.c or until done.
For the toffee sauce:
Brown sugar – 50g
Fresh cream 50g
Butter – 50 g
- Mix all the 3 ingredients together and melt it until the sugar melts.
- Pour it over the cooled bundt cakes and bake it further for 5 minutes.