Sabasige soppu means Dill leaves and ambado means vada .Sabasige soppu is most commonly known as shepu,suva bhaji etc.This is the most famous South Indian snack in Bangalore.I really admire the beauty of this leafy vegetable.Some like its aroma and some don’t,but I like it.It is very rich in minerals and Vitamin C. Several types of preparations can be prepared with this soppu. Generally it is referred as a weed.Dill seeds is used as spice which is similar to caraway seeds.I first tasted this ambado at my moms place where my bhabhi had prepared this tasty snack.This makes a great evening snack or a starter.
Sabasige soppu(Dill leaves)-1 cup (washed and chopped finely)
Salt –to taste
Onions-2 chopped finely
Oil –to deep fry
Ingredients to be ground:
Bengal gram dal(chana dal)-1/2 cup
Short red chillies-3
Long red chillies-4
- Soak the chana dal and rice together for an hour.
- Wash and grind with red chillies and tamarind to a coarse paste without adding water.
- Transfer the masala to a bowl,add chopped dill leaves,salt,onions and mix well.
- Shape small balls of the mix and flatten a bit.
- Heat oil and deep fry till crisp brown in color.