Kalakand or Qalaqand is a milky burfee and a most popular sweet from Rajasthan as wiki says but I thought it was popular sweet from Bengal. In India,it is prepared during special occasions and with Diwali around the corner this is one of the best sweet to be relished.It is very easy to prepare and this tastes simply Yummy.
Paneer or cottage cheese-500gms
Milk whitener-2 heaped tsp
Cardamom powder- a pinch
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and add crumbled paneer,milk whitener and milkmaid.
- Cook over a medium flame stirring continuously till it turns completely dry and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and off the flame.
- Spread it in a greased plate or thali and level the surface.
- Leave it to set for few hours in a cool and dry place and when completely set cut into desired shapes and garnish with pistachios.
- Refrigerate it.
I used milk powder.