Today is Prawn special in my blog.I had prepared this pataka sometime back and the recipe is very tasty.I adapted this recipe from my dear friend Aparna s blog.This dish is indeed a pataka. Pataka actually means fire cracker in Hindi but here in this recipe it signifies that, the recipe is damn good.Its a general saying in Hindi or may be a slang….. Chatpata means hot and sour flavour. There are few dishes which we would want to try again and again and this is one of them.When it comes to seafood nobody can stop me from eating and cooking, lol. Well I can cook it any hour of the day if I want to.Got some prawns in the refrigerator,will be preparing it soon.
Recipe adapted from:justindianfood.com
Large prawns-250 gms
Chilly powder-1 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
Rice flour-1 tbsp
Coconut cream or thick coconut milk-2 tbsp
Coriander leaves-1 tbsp
- Wash,clean and devein the prawns.
- Marinate the prawns with the curds,chilly powder,turmeric powder,salt and rice flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute until light brown.
- Add garlic,green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add the marinated prawns,coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix in the tamarind paste,coconut cream and salt to taste.
- Cook until prawns are cooked and gravy turns dry .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.