The original name of this pulav is white pulav which I had written in my recipe book during my collage days.My Gujarati college friend Heena had shared this yummy recipe back in collage.I had prepared this pulav several times when I was in collage and now its been years since I prepared this. Heena wherever you are,thanks a lot dear.I named this pulav as Tiranga pulav because it has 3 vibrant colour’s of our Indian flag,that is tricolour,Saffron(carrot),white(rice),and green(green peas).This is a mild flavoured rice and tastes very good.This was our Sunday special rice.
- Soak basmathi rice for 20 minutes,drain the water and keep it aside.
- Coarse grind ginger and green chilly and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a cooker and splutter cumin seeds,add cloves,cinnamon and bay leaf fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry until translucent,add the ginger-green chilly paste,fry for a minute,add washed rice,vegetables, Cashewnuts and salt to taste.
- Add water,take a boil,check salt and then close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle,off the flame,once the pressure releases completely,open the lid and mix the pulav delicately.
- Serve it hot.