Recipe adapted from:Kudpirajs garam tawa
Whole wheat flour-3 cups
Cooking soda-1 tsp
Mysore(Salem) or Yelakki banana-2-3,small
Buttermilk -1/2 cup
- Take the buttermilk in a wide bowl and dissolve sugar,salt and cooking soda.
- Add both the flours,mashed banana,butter and knead it to a soft dough.
- Add water or buttermilk if required and see that the dough is not too watery nor hard.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it out overnight.
- Next morning punch the dough again,pinch big lemon sized balls and roll it into thick discs.
- Heat oil and slide the buns in the hot oil and fry it in hot oil until golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve it hot.