Recipe adapted from :Showmethecurry.com
Brussels Sprouts-1 packet,400 g (15-20 pieces approx)
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
Urad dal-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Sambhar powder-2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste-1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce- 2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
How to clean the Brussels sprouts:
- Remove few top layers of the leaves of the Brussels sprouts and remove the stalk slightly.
- Discard any faded leaves.
- Cut it into two if you want.
- I cut few and kept few tiny ones as it was.
- Heat oil,splutter mustard seeds,add in urad dhal and methi seeds,lightly brown it.
- Add chopped onions,curry leaves and fry till translucent.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and soften them a bit.
- Add all the powders one by one and saute it on low flame..
- Add in the brussels sprouts,salt to taste,add little water,tamarind paste,cover the lid and cook for sometime for around 15 minutes.
- Lastly add tomato sauce and mix it.
- Serve it roti or chapathi.