This Diwali was a nonstop cooking at my side specially Sweets and Namkeens. It is so much fun to learn new things especially preparing Indian sweets and Namkeens is such a pride.I was concentrating more on the Indian sweets and Namkeens this year.Being in the Fb foodgroups is such an exposure for us foodies,be it new recipes,presentation,photography etc.We get to learn so many things day by day.For me learning never ends.It is nonstop.Every day is a new day and every new day is learning and experiencing new things.This recipe was posted by my aunt Mrs Ravikala Shenoy mayi in a foodgroup and she is one of the wonderful cook I have ever seen.The original recipe was of Chaklis but we prepared murrukkus.The Murrukkus just melts in the mouth,its so very tempting.Have a safe Diwali dear readers !
Recipe adapted from: Mrs Ravikala Shenoy
Fried gram/Huri kadle dali-1/2 cup
Rice flour-2 cups
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Roast the fried gram until you get a nice aroma,cool it and powder it finely.
- Knead all the ingredients together with little water to a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for few minutes by closing the lid.(approx 10 -15 minutes)
- Grease your hand with oil,make oblong balls,fill the dough in the chakli press.
- Greasing your hands with oil avoids dough sticking the press and helps in free flow.
- Make murrukkus until crisp and light brown in colour.
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container.