Recipe adapted from:Cookcurrynook
Hard boiled eggs-8
Oil- to deep fry
Ingredients for the batter:
Besan-1 cup(Gram flour)
Chilly powder-2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Cooking soda-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp chopped
Mint leaves-2 tbsp,chopped finely
Kasuri methi-2 tsp(Dried fenugreek leaves)
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Salt- to taste
Water-as much needed to bind the batter
Ingredients to garnish:
Chat masala -1 tsp
Onions-1 chopped finely
Coriander leaves-1 tsp,chopped finely
- Cool the hard boiled eggs and cut into 4 quarters and keep it ready.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under batter adding water little by little.
- Make a thick batter like that of idli,of pouring consistency.
- Heat oil,using two spoons,hold one piece of egg in one spoon, pour thick batter with the other spoon, and coat the egg uniformly.
- You may also work with your hands here.
- Drop it in hot oil with the help of the spoon one piece at a time, spreading 4-5 pieces in oil depending on the size of the wok.
- Don’t overcrowd the wok.
- Fry until golden in colour.
- Toss the fried pakodas with chat masala.
- Garnish with the ingredients mentioned above and serve it hot with ketchup.