Basmathi rice- 1 1/2 cups
Green capsicum-1 ,keep it whole
Onion-1,small,peeled and kept whole
Dried red chillies-4
White vinegar-1 tbsp
Sugar- 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Brush tomatoes,capsicum and onion with 2 tsp oil.
- Roast it over flame directly one by one with the help of tongs.
- I roasted it on a papad(phulka) pan.
- Set it aside to cool and remove the skin.
- In the blender combine the roasted ingredients,red chillies,garlic,peppercorns,vinegar,sugar and salt and grind to make a smooth paste or chutney.
- Wash the rice and drain it.
- Put the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground chutney and saute for 1 minute.
- Add drained rice and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually mix in 3 cups of water and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Cook until rice is tender and fluffy.
- Serve it hot.