After sweet and starter recipe now its time for breakfast time. I have many pictures lying in the folders and got to share wide range of recipes. Sabudana Appo is one among them and it is a healthy breakfast dish, something new and interesting . Do try this recipe and let me know your views. Until then stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Recipe adapted from : Cooking with Shobana
Sabudana /tapioca pearls – 1/4 cup
Urad dal – 1/4 cup
Raw rice /dosa rice – 1 1/2 cups
Moong dal – 2 tsp
Chana dal – 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curds – 2 – 3 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Wash and soak sabudana separately for 3 hours.
- In another bowl soak rice , urad dal , moong dal , chana dal and methi seeds.
- Grind all the ingredients together .
- Dont make the batter runny by adding more water.
- Batter must be of dosa batter consistency.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Add salt to taste,curds and sugar next morning.
- Take a appe tawa and make appos .
- Smear it with oil and roast on the opposite side also.
- Serve it hot with chutney.