I like to try new recipes of dosa’s as it is a staple of G.S.B’s . Cotton dosa or Kapsa polo as in Konkani sounds so interesting. I adapted this recipe from Nandini Kini. I just love her recipes . This dosa is as light as cotton and very tasty too. Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!!
Recipe adapted from : Kinis kitchen
Dosa rice – 3 cups
Urad dal- 1/4 cup
Thick poha/beaten rice/avalakki- 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – as much needed for cooking dosa
- Soak dal and rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- Soak poha separately in water 10 minutes before grinding.
- Grind the soaked ingredients into a fine batter and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste .
- Keep the batter medium thick.
- Heat tawa, pour a ladle of batter, drizzle oil and close the lid.
- Cook it only one side.
- Serve it hot with chutney.