Hello dear readers! Today I will share my sister Shanta Nayak’s recipe again. Minty Soya chilly is one of her signature dish. It is mildly flavoured with mint and has a mixture of tangy and sweet taste. It is our family favourite dish too. This is also one of my personal favourite from her repertoire of dishes. I have compiled the recipe with eye ball measurements. Stay tuned for interesting recipes!
Recipe and picture courtesy: Shanta Nayak
Soya chunks – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
Mint(8leaves) +green chilly(1)+ pepper paste(3) – 1tbsp
Garlic- minced, 1 tbsp
Green chilly – 2 slit
Onion – 1 chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 cup, chunks
Spring onions – 2 – 3 tbsp chopped
Soya sauce- 1tsp
Tomato sauce -1 tbsp
Roasted til – 1 tsp(optional)
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water until it turns soft.
- Once soft, squeeze every bit of water.
- If it turns plump cut it into two.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic paste, mint, green chilly paste and salt.
- Marinate it for an hour for better flavour.
- Take a wok, heat oil, add minced garlic.
- Add green chilly,onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the marinated soya and fry it on low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring it between intervals.
- It must turn crisp and brownish in colour.
- Once done turn the heat to high, add capsicum, soya sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce.
- Saute for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add chopped spring onion and mix it well.
- Garnish with roasted til seeds.
- You may also add cornflour to the marinated soya chunks and deep fry it and then follow the above procedure.