Hello dear readers! Today I will share one of my favourite recipe, “Vegetable American Chopsuey” . I first tasted it during my college days in mid 90’s in “Hao Ming” restaurant. I was first hesitant to try the dish but later got tempted when my friend was having it and I gave it a try. And since then I never looked back.This dish is slightly sweet and sour in taste. We have tried in various restaurants but liked it in very few very good joints.
Fried Noodles – as much as needed(200 g pack of Chinese noodles)*
Cabbage – 2 cups, shredded
Onions – 2 , sliced
Capsicum – 1, cut into julienne
Carrot – 1 , cut into julienne
Spring onion – handful to garnish
Tomato sauce – 1 cup
Cornflour – 1tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Sugar – 2 tsp approx
Oil – 1tbsp
- Heat oil and saute all vegetables together in high flame.
- Keep it crunchy.
- Add salt to taste,sugar, pepper powder and tomato sauce.
- Add water and adjust the consistency.
- Add cornflour paste and take a boil.
- The gravy should be slightly thick.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- To serve add some gravy in a bowl and top it with fried noodles.
- To fry the noodles, boil it and drain it well.
- Coat it with cornflour and deep fry it.
- You may also use rice noodles.
- Rice noodles can be fried directly.