Rosy phirni! Isn’t it interesting?I named it Rosy phirni because I prepared it with the rose flavor.My daughter Sanju suggested me that I use fancy names to give more life to the dish.So I took her piece of advice and thus gave the name.I have already posted regular Phirni recipe in my earlier post.Well strawberry isn’t in the season now so I had to compromise with this.But this came out so well ,I tell you’ll, a must try dessert.The color of this phirni is simply beautiful.Most of the young gals(including me,lol) love the color Pink.So I dedicate this dish to all the lovely gals who love Pink.So here goes the recipe.
Basmathi rice-3/4 cup
Almonds-5-6 blanched and shredded
Rose syrup(Roohafza)-1/4 cup
Few rose petals to decorate
- Soak rice for about half an hour and grind it coarsely without adding water.
- Dissolve the paste in milk and make it very thin.
- Boil the milk in the heavy bottomed pan.
- Add sugar and stir for few minutes.
- Add the rice paste and rose syrup and cook on medium flame stirring continuously.
- The mixture will turn thick.
- Pour the mixture into the serving bowl.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Decorate with rose petals.