Basmathi rice-1 1/2 cups
Green peas-1/2 cup,fresh or frozen(boiled)
Chilly powder-1 tsp or to taste
Mint leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Coriander leaves-1/2 cup,chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Prepare the rice in a rice cooker with salt to taste and 2 tsp ghee and keep it aside.
- Take a non stick pan,heat remaining ghee and saute onions,ginger,garlic and cashewnuts until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mint and coriander leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder,chilly powder and saute further for a second.
- Add cooked rice,green peas and salt if required,close the pan with a lid and keep it in simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve it hot with raita.