Its been a long time since I posted anything in the space.There are many posts to be shared which I will post as and when it is possible. Life has taken a small twist. Yes, I have started taking small orders on bakes especially eggless doughnuts and cupcakes. Practicing icing and gaining confidence each passing day. Plus ‘Geeths Dawath ‘ is going to get a domain name soon and will try their best to make the blog user friendly. Until then fingers crossed ….
Recipe adapted from : vegrecipesofindia
Basmathi rice – 2 cups (Indiagate)
Onions -3 sliced
Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
Tomato – 2,chopped
Water -2 cups
Ghee -3 tbsp approx
Salt – to taste
Fried onions -1 cup
Star Anise -1
Green cardamom -2
Black cardamom -2
Bay leaf -1
Dry spice powder:
Chilly powder -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder -1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
For the spinach puree:
Palak /Spinach – 1 bunch
Mint leaves -1/2 cup
Coriander leaves -1 /2 cup
Green chillies -3
- Wash and rinse the palak leaves,coriander leaves and mint leaves .
- Make a paste of the leaves with green chillies,almonds.
- Add water if required.
- Keep it ready.
- Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes and then drain the water.
- Heat ghee in a broad pan,add whole spices ,fry for few seconds
- Add onions and saute until it browns,
- Add ginger garlic paste add tomatoes and saute until it becomes mushy.
- Add spinach puree and the spice powders.
- Add soaked rice ,water and salt to taste.
- Take a boil,check salt and close the lid and cook in slow flame until it gets cooked.
- Serve it hot garnished with fried onions and fried onions.