Hello dear readers ! One of my favourite month October has started and it was also our 3rd blogoversary which was on October 5th and it went off my mind due to busy schedule . I remembered the next day of the anniversary . I had prepared this halwa during the month of shravan . My classmate Trupti prepares this halwa often and she keeps mentioning it in our school group which inspired me to prepare this yummilicious halwa . I referred few recipes from the net and then tried this halwa .. I thank all my well wishers from the bottom of my heart for all the support I received so far . Today is also the first day of Navaratri and what better post to share here in the space for double celebration . Happy Navaratri dear readers !
Badam /almonds – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Saffron – a pinch soaked in a tsp of milk
- Soak almond in hot water for 2 hours .
- Remove the skin and make a coarse paste with half the milk mentioned .
- Heat water and sugar together .
- Add almond paste and keep stirring adjusting the flame .
- Add ghee tbsp at a time .
- You may need more ghee but not less than mentioned above .
- Add saffron milk and cardamom powder .
- After 25 minutes approx it will thicken .
- Cool and serve .
- It will thicken more once it cools .
- If it is sticky add more ghee .
- Refrigerate for further use .