Today is the first day of diwali and it went in a great festive way . Today being the first day of diwali or dhanteras, is the only festival where we g.s.b’s prepare varieties of seafood preparation after doing ganga puja and having oil bath . I prepared sungta hinga uda , anjal ghee roast tawa fry and pomfret ghee roast tawa fry . The tawa fry recipe was created by my son which I will share in the coming days . I wanted to prepare some sweet today but as usual got held up with other commitments . I found this aval payasam picture in my recent album and thought of sharing the same . Happy Diwali dear readers and have a safe diwali !
Recipe adapted from : sharmispassisons
Aval / poha / beaten rice – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Cashewnut – few bits roasted in ghee to garnish
To be ground to a paste :
Coconut grated – 2 tbsp
Khus khus – 1 tsp
Cashewnut bits – few pieces
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast poha and keep it ready .
- Make a paste of the ingredients mentioned under the paste list .
- Keep it aside .
- Take a thick pan and boil milk .
- Reduce the milk until 1.5 cups .
- Add sugar and keep stirring .
- Add cardamom powder and the paste .
- Stir it well and lastly add roasted poha .
- Take a boil and cook it .
- Garnish it with roasted nuts .
- Serve it hot or cold .
Pictorial presentation :