Diwali is one of my favourite festival . I tried another version of badam burfi this year and it came out good. I have already shared the recipe of Almond burfi long back .Badam means almonds. When it comes to making of Indian sweets I still need to master most of the things. Never the less I try and it tastes good . I also tried motichur laddoo which I will share the recipe soon.. Until then please try interesting recipes from geethsdawath.com . Here’s wishing all my lovely readers Happy and safe Diwali !
Recipe adapted from : Raks kitchen
Almonds – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 1/4 cups
Water – 1/2 cup approx for syrup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder – a pinch
Ghee – few drops for greasing
- Soak almonds in hot water for an hour.
- Remove the skin.
- Grind the almonds with milk to a smooth paste .
- Grease a baking tray or plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Take a thick bottomed pan add sugar and water .
- Add cardamom powder and dissolve the sugar.
- Get the syrup to one string consistency.
- Add the almond paste.
- Keep stirring it continuously.
- This will take some time.
- The mixture will start to bubble .
- After few minutes it will thicken slightly and leave the sides.
- Pour it over the greased tray immediately.
- Allow it to set.
- When it is still warm make the cuts but do not disturb it.
- Once completely cool and set separate the burfi .