This is a Brahmin style Beans Palya/upkari. The recipe was shared by my friend Poornima Ajit Kudva. Again this is one more delayed post . And a must share post. This Palya is commonly served in the Brahmin temples and weddings. It goes best with rice and sambhar with a dash of pickle and papad.
Recipe courtesy : Poornima Ajit Kudva
Beans- 1/2 kg, chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Green chilly – 2
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped to garnish
Ingredients for the masala:
Grated coconut- 1 cup
Mustard seeds -1 tsp
Red Chilly -3
Tamarind – marble sized
Jaggery – a bit for the taste
- Grind the ingredients mentioned to be ground to a coarse paste.
- Don’t grind too fine, just pulse the mixer 3 to 4 times.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter cumin seeds.
- Add green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add chopped beans and salt to taste.
- Add little water and cook it until done.
- Add masala and a bit of Jaggery.
- Saute it for few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.