I have already shared pannaphkari recipes in the space but since my friend suggested that I make separate posts for each fish when I make the preparation , I gave it a thought to do so. So today I will share my mamama’s style of pannaphkari. You may prepare it with any fish like Mackerels, silver fish etc.
- Clean and cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry onions till reddish in color.
- Lower the flame and add chilly powder and fry for few seconds.
- You may also off the flame and fry chilly powder so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add tomatoes and ginger.
- Add tamarind pulp,water as much as needed to adjust the gravy and salt to taste.
- Cook it for sometime until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Take a boil,drop the fish and green chilly.
- Take a small boil and switch off the flame.
- Dont over cook the fish.
- Relish it with boiled rice.