Navratri is just done and I was waiting to share this post . Mori means Shark fish . I made this post recommended by my good friend. I had not made this post earlier since the recipe is same like of “Prawn Hinga Uda” . Usually G.S.B’s prepare this curry with prawns and Shark fish and in vegetarian version we make this with potato , tender cashewnuts and taro roots/ Arbi. This curry is called as Hinga Uda or Humman because it is strongly flavoured with asafoetida/ Hing. I love the flavour and aroma of hing very much . Hinga uda and boiled rice makes a great combination.
Shark fish – 8 slices
Coconut oil-3tsp(for the garnish)
Ingredients for the masala:
Short red chillies(fried in 1-2 tsp oil)-5
Long red chillies(fried in 1-2 tsp oil)-7
Tamarind- marble sized
Hing paste –1/4 marble sized
Salt –to taste
- Remove the skin of the shark fish, slice and wash it well.
- We do cutting(cleaning) of the fish from the fish monger and then clean at home.
- Grind the masala in a grinder under the ingredients list to a very fine paste.
- Transfer the masala in a cooking vessel, add water and adjust the consistency.
- Add salt to taste and take a boil.
- Drop the fish in the boiling masala, cook the fish on low flame.
- Cook it until done.
- Garnish with coconut oil.
- Serve it hot with rice.